Eucalyptus inhaler is widely used to alleviate symptoms of congestion in the respiratory system. Eucalyptus is an expectorant and the Commission E of Germany has approved the use of its essential oil and leaves in cases of cough and bronchitis. Also, the water-soluble compounds of eucalyptus essential oil have demonstrated antiviral activity in vitro against influenza type A.
Eucalyptus Inhaler Non-Oral Soft Capsule
mucolytic and antitussive in common cold and other upper and lower respiratory system infections
1-2 times per day, drop one 400 mg non-oral soft capsule into a glass of boiling water and inhale with closed eyes.
Essential oil of eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus)
Non-Oral Soft Capsule
400 mg non-oral soft capsules in plastic container in cardboard box
Patient information leaflet inside
Contraindications and Cautions
Use of products containing eucalyptus in individuals with known allergy to eugenol, inflammatory conditions of GI tract or biliary duct and severe hepatic conditions is not allowed.(3)
Avoid using the product in the vicinity of the face or close to the nose in infants and young children.(3)
Rarely, redness of skin, urticaria, itching and rash has been observed. With the recommended amounts, no adverse reaction needs to be expected.(3)
- Essential oil of eucalyptus stimulates the enzymatic system of hepatic toxin removal; therefore, the efficacy of other drugs, such as phenobarbital and amphetamine might be reduced.(4)
- In case of concomitant use with hypoglycemic agents, constant monitoring of blood sugar and signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia is necessary.(3)
- Avoid concomitant use with barbiturates or herbal drugs containing pyrrolizidine alkaloids, like borage.(3)
Administration during Pregnancy and Lactation
Safety of eucalyptus during pregnancy has not been approved; however, in years of use, eucalyptus has not been a threat to health.(4)
- NOT EDIBLE.
- Keep Eucalyptus Inhaler, like all other medication, away from sight and reach of children.
- Tightly close the container right after use.
- Keep the medicine away from light and in 15-30°C.
- Keep this leaflet; you may need to read it again.
Based on presence of 280-360 mg 1,8-cineol per non-oral soft capsule.
Barij Essence Pharmaceutical Company was established in 1992 by Hossein Hejazi who has named the Father of Essence of Iran, Barij Essence is one of the largest manufacturers of herbal medicine in Iran…
Factory Address : Mashhad Ardehal – Kashan -Iran
Tehran Office : No78 – Marzdaran Blvd – Tehran -Iran
Factory Tel : +98 86 4002
Tehran Office : +98 21 4426 7992