Eucalyptus is an expectorant drug; application of its essential oil and leaves in the treatment of bronchitis and cough has been approved by Germany E Commission.(2,3)
Barij Eucalyptus Oral Soft Capsule
Relief of cold symptoms, respiratory infections and catarrh.
2 to 3 times a day, one capsule each time.
Eucalyptus essential oil (Eucalyptus Globulus)
1,8-cineole (eucalyptol), alpha-pinene, limonene
200 mg soft capsules in container in cardboard box
Patient information leaflet inside
- Children under 12 years old.
- Patients with inflammatory diseases of gastrointestinal tract, severe liver disease and asthma.
In rare cases, there is risk of nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and skin hypersensitivity reactions such as blisters and rashes.
- Eucalyptus essential oil stimulates the liver enzyme detoxification system; therefore it possibly decreases the effects of other drugs such as phenobarbital and amphetamine.(2)
- If eucalyptus is taken concomitantly with hypoglycemic drugs, regular monitoring of blood glucose and symptoms of low blood sugar is highly essential.
- Concomitant use of products containing eucalyptus and barbiturates or plants containing pyrrolizidine alkaloids, like borage plant, should be avoided.
Administration during Pregnancy and Lactation
Use during pregnancy and lactation is prohibited.
- Keep Barij Eucalyptus Oral Soft Capsule, like other medications, out of sight and reach of children.
- Keep the product away from light and in 15-30 °C.
- Keep this leaflet; you may need to read it again.
Based on presence of 140- 180 mg 1,8-cineole in each soft capsule.
Barij Essence Pharmaceutical Company was established in 1992 by Hossein Hejazi who has named the Father of Essence of Iran, Barij Essence is one of the largest manufacturers of herbal medicine in Iran…
Factory Address : Mashhad Ardehal – Kashan -Iran
Tehran Office : No78 – Marzdaran Blvd – Tehran -Iran
Factory Tel : +98 86 4002
Tehran Office : +98 21 4426 7992